"Selfie Poems" and "Holocaust I Am" poems are due Thursday! We have had plenty of class time to complete, so be sure to turn in the final product.
If you have not completed the Study Guide for Poetry terms, please complete before EOG (Wednesday), I will collect it Wednesday/Thursday (whichever day I see you after the ELA EOG).
All Mastery Connect Test are due by Monday. If you have not completed them by Monday - you will be upstairs for working lunch Monday and Tuesday. Once you have put the answers in Mastery Connect, I will remove your name from the Working Lunch List. Please get them in as soon as possible! Please see previous Weebly days for the codes.
IF you have not finished your Non-fiction EOG practice test on Mastery Connect - Please do so by Monday! Use the following codes:
1st period - 569774
3rd Period - 137336
7th Period - 558409
8th Period - 433303
ALL EOG PRACTICE TEST ON MASTERY CONNECT IS DUE MONDAY!!!
If you have not finished the Fiction EOG Practice test - finish tonight.
Make sure you put answers in Mastery Connect. Here are the codes:
1st - 444662
3rd - 219724
7th - 850951
Finish I Am poems - we will type them up (if you have not done so already) on Tuesday.i_am_holocaust_poem.docx
Test Monday on novel
On May 15th - Final test on novel
May 16th the following items are due:
1. Packet for Chapters 15-20
2. Chapter Summaries and Chapter Title Analysis - I will collect interactive notebooks
Read Ch. 17 & 18. Write 1 question for discussion group. Use a question stem listed under May 8th homework.
Chapter 11-14 packet is due tomorrow! If you need help, please see me during SMART BLOCK tomorrow.
Tonight you are to read chapters 13 & 14. Write one question based on the following Standard:
ELA Standard L7.5 - Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationship, and nuances in word meanings.
use on of the following question stems:
1. What is the effect of the simile in paragraph ________?
2. What did _____________(character's name) mean by the phrase ___________________.
3. What does the simile ____________________________ mean?
4. What does the word _____________ imply about _______________________?
5. How does the author's use of personification in paragraph _____ help the reader understand ____________________?
6. What is another word the author could have used instead of _________________ that would have the same meaning?
About Mrs. Baldyga
Hello and welcome to 7th Grade Language Arts. I am excited to guide you through reading and writing this year.