Review this study guide in order to prepare for THIS Friday's test!!!
Cold War: Study Guide
(The following concepts and terms will be on your Cold War test which is this Friday, 6-2)
1. Quizlet words week 20, 21, and 22
2. Winston Churchill
3. Josef Stalin
4. Harry Truman
5. Truman Doctrine
6. Marshall Plan
7. What were the lasting effects of WWII (economy, cities, daily life)?
8. Why was it important that the US helped save Europe? Why was America the
one to have to do it?
9. What is life like in a communist nation? How is life, economy, freedom, opportunity for jobs,
10. What is democracy?
11. What 2 sides was Germany split into? Who controlled each part?
12. What is NATO?
13. What was the Iron Curtain?
14. What is the domino effect?
15. What is containment?
16. What events in the Cold War can be tied to the domino effect and containment?
17. Who was the Korean War officially fought by? Who else was involved? What side
were they on?
18. How did the Korean War ‘end’ and when?
19. Why was the Korean War fought?
20. Describe the emotions of the factory workers as seen in the N. Korea video.
21. Why do North Koreans dislike Americans?
22. What tactics/ teachings does Kim Jung Il use to control his people?
23. In your opinion, why was there fear and extreme emotional distraught in 1994
when Kim Sung Il died?
24. What was not observed in the home of the Korean family?
25. Space Race
26. Cuban Missile Crisis
27. Berlin Wall
28. Vietnam War
29. Berlin Wall taken down/Germany Reunited/ End of Cold War and USSR