(The following concepts/terms are for your preparation for Cold War test)
1. Quizlet words week 20, 20A, 21, 22
2. Winston Churchill
3. Josef Stalin
4. Harry Truman
5. Truman Doctrine
6. Marshall Plan
7. What were the lasting effects of WWII (economy, cities, daily life)?
8. Why was it important that the US helped save Europe? Why was America the
one to have to do it?
9. What is life like in a communist nation? How is life, economy, freedom, opportunity for jobs,
10. What is democracy?
11. What 2 sides was Germany split into? Who controlled each part?
12. What is NATO?
13. What was the Iron Curtain?
14. What is the domino effect?
15. What is containment?
16. What events in the Cold War can be tied to the domino effect and containment?
17. Who was the Korean War officially fought by? Who else was involved? What side
were they on?
18. How did the Korean War ‘end’ and when? Define armistice
19. Why was the Korean War fought?
20. Describe the emotions of the factory workers as seen in the N. Korea video.
21. Why do North Koreans dislike Americans?
22. What tactics/ teachings does the Kim family of communist rulers use to control his people?
23. Space Race (5W’s)
24. Cuban Missile Crisis (5W’s)
25. Berlin Wall and Berlin Blockade (5W’s)
26. Vietnam War (5W’s)
27. Berlin Wall taken down/Germany Reunited/ End of Cold War and USSR
BrainPop: Cold War (graded quiz) is due tomorrow. Also read the NEWSELA article provided on BrainPop. Reading this article will front load you for tomorrow's class activity.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.